What Is Xeljanz?
Tofacitinib, sold under the brand Xeljanz among others, is a medication used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ulcerative colitis.
Xeljanz is sold by the manufacturer Pfizer, as well as generically under the name tofacitinib.
Lawsuits filed against the manufacturer maintain that Xeljanz may increase the chance of thromboembolic events including heart attack, stroke, blood clots, along with cancer and increased risk of death.
What are the possible side effects of Xeljanz?
The possible serious side effects of taking Xeljanz are:
- Heart attack
- Stroke (ischemic)
- Blood clots, including pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, and arterial thrombosis
- Death (sudden cardiac death or due to one of the above injuries)
Symptoms that warrant immediate treatment include:
- Swelling, pain, warmth, or redness in lower leg
- Shortness of breath
- Chest or back pain
- Coughing up blood
- Clammy skin
- Pale, gray or bluish-colored appearance
- Changes in consciousness
- Difficulty speaking
- One-sided numbness or weakness
Other Xeljanz side effects may include:
- Stomach or intestinal perforations
- Serious infections
- Liver enzyme elevation
- Laboratory abnormalities
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
- Other types of cancer
- Allergic or hypersensitivity reactions
Have you or your loved one taken Xeljanz?
Our attorneys are investigating claims related to the the contamination of Xeljanz and generic tofacitinib drugs. Filing a claim against the manufacturers of Xeljanz and generic tofacitinib could help you recover compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Past lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Punitive damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
What does it cost to find out if I have a case?
Nothing. If you or a loved one used Xeljanz and developed any of the above, call us toll free at (877) 704-7674 for a free case evaluation. Do not discontinue the use of any prescription medication without consulting your physician.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits. Attorneys David Summers and Aaron Johnson are licensed in Missouri and Kansas; however our attorneys have handled cases nationwide, including mass tort claims that are filed in federal courts.* Always consult your doctor before making any change in medication.
* In order to represent clients in states where the attorneys are not licensed, they must be granted admission pro hac vice or associate with local counsel.